Friday, December 12, 2008

Maxis broadband service

I have been using Maxis wired broadband for more than two years since it has just launched. Was my support to them should be valued?

Initially the system was not stable, almost every month I encountered network failure. Everytime I called the customer service, the so call "trained" staff would ask me to "switch off and on the PC", "switch off and on the modem", as though we didn't know to do that before making the complaint. After you have turned off the PC, she would ask you to wait for 10 minutes then only switch the PC on again; same thing to modem. That's all she knows to advise, then when everything done and yet it still not working, she would say "OK, I will send my technician to attend to you." Naturally we would ask when and roughly what time will the technician come as we don't always sit at home to wait for the technician, and the reply would normally be "I am also not sure."

Imagine how would you react when hear that?

I have transfered my phone line within the same apartment, from unit A to unit B. My phone number is registered under Maxis fixed line. Logically when the phone line is transfered, the address for billing should be changed too for both phone bill and internet bill. But I am receiving my phone bill every month but not the internet bill, is this how Maxis staff "communicate" and "link"?

If I would to continue I am not sure how long should I write, I think a big company like this should do something to build a good reputation in matching their big name, or else you are losing support not just from "me" but lots and lots customers soon.

Anyway I have terminated my Maxis broadband and soon the land line and mobile phone line and all are Maxis services. Poor customer service and rude manager would cause this big company to lose more customers...

No comments: